For more than 50 years, Detroit Public Television (DPTV) has been a trusted source for information and entertainment - one that enables you to engage more fully with your community and the world. In addition to providing support for our operation and current programming needs, we have created Legacy Leaders, a planned giving program that will ensure our long-term financial independence. Legacy Leaders offers a variety of gift opportunities which can be designed to meet your needs while investing in the future of DPTV.
Become a Legacy Leader
Your planned gift ensures Detroit Public TV's ability to procure and create innovative, educational programs for generations to come. We will honor you with a Legacy Leaders membership when you name us in your estate plan through a bequest, as a beneficiary of a life insurance policy, a charitable trust, gift annuity, or other gift arrangement that benefits Detroit Public TV in the future. In addition to achieving your philanthropic and financial goals, you'll enjoy special benefits which include:
- Invitations to Detroit Public TV events, including receptions, parties, screenings and exclusive events with PBS, and DPTV personalities;
- Invitations to "Lunch & Learn" events;
- Recognition in DPTV's Annual Report;
- Recognition on Legacy Leaders Plaque;
- Advance email notice of upcoming projects and programs of special interest; and
- On-air scroll three times per year in recognition of leadership support.
Charitable Gift Annuity
Share the treasure of Detroit Public TV with future generations and receive returns as high as 9.0 percent or more, when you factor in tax advantages. More.
Program Support Opportunities
Help Shape Our Future
As part of our Legacy Leaders program, your planned gift can be designated for DPTV's current needs, or for our growing endowment fund. Gifts may also be earmarked for special funds which reflect your personal passion, such as children's programs, arts and culture, science and environment or leadership, to name a few.